If you are suffering from sciatica, back pain, or any other condition that causes discomfort when sitting for long periods of time, then the best living room chair for sciatica might be right for you. This article will talk about what sciatica is and how a good quality chair can help alleviate it. We will also discuss some of the best chairs on the market that have been shown to reduce sciatic nerve pain in studies.
What Is Sciatica?
Trio Supply House is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a way for websites to earn advertising revenues by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
The sciatic nerve is the largest and longest nerve in the human body. It starts in the lower back and runs down through each leg. When this nerve is compressed or irritated, it can cause pain, tingling, numbness, or weakness in the legs. This condition is known as sciatica.
Sciatica is often caused by a herniated disc pressing on the sciatic nerve.
Herniated discs are one of the most common causes of sciatica, especially in adults over age 40. A hernia occurs when part or all of an internal organ bulges through weak tissue that normally holds it in place. The resulting pressure can irritate sciatic nerve roots and sciatica symptoms develop.
The sciatica pain in the leg is usually worse when you sit down or bend forward, which can make a seat at work unbearable for some people with sciatica.
In some cases, blood vessels in the legs may become blocked or infected effecting blood circulation which can cause sciatica like symptoms.
What Are Symptoms Of Sciatica?
Common symptoms of sciatica include:
- pain that radiates from the low back down the buttock and into one or both legs, sometimes reaching as far as the feet
- tingling, numbness or weakness in one or both legs
- burning sensation in the leg
- sudden pain after moving a certain way
- Lower back pain
- Back problems when sitting for long hours
- Chronic back pain
How To Alleviate Chronic Back Pain From Sciatica?
There are a few ways to help manage and reduce sciatica and chronic back pain:
- Physical Therapy and Stretching - Focus on exercises to stretch and strengthen the lower spine, legs, glutes and abdomen.
- Heat and Ice Therapy - Heat wraps and ice baths
- Pain Medication
- Wear a Lumbar Brace
- Focus on a healthy diet to lower body weight - eat whole foods, protein, fruits and vegetables
- Find A Good Chair for Sciatica - Its best to find the best living room chair or office chair for back pain relief with the best support
What To Look For In Finding The Right Chair For Back Pain Relief?
When looking for a good chair for bad backs you should look for these features:
- Adjustable foot rest
- Ability to have different positions
- High quality thick cushions
- Good build quality materials -
- Support for good posture
Best Living Room Chair For Sciatica
Homall Recliner Chair For Living Room or Home Theater
- High quality PU leather
- Thick padded seat for comfort
- Adjustable recliner from 90 to 180 degrees
- Footrest is made of durable steel with thick foam padding
- Wide curved armrests
Best Recliner Chair For Sciatica
Comhoma PU Leather Recliner Ergonomic Chair
- This chair reclines, rocks, massages, heated and swivels.
- Lumbar support and full chaise seating
- High quality push back to recline mechanism
- Strong alloy steel frame
- High back with rebound sponge
- Side pockets and cup holders
- Massage and heated with remote control
Best Lounge Chair For Back Pain
Nouhause Modern Massage Lounge Chair With Ottoman
- Spine I-Track rollers that move up and down to massage your lower back
- Adjustable rotating massage nodes underneath the pillow to alleviate neck and shoulder pain
- Detachable head cushion
- Release tension from hips and glutes by using the airbag massage
- Built in remote control
- Separate ottoman to help reduce ankle and calf pain
- Genuine cowhide leather
Best Faux Leather Chair For Sciatica
Obbolly Faux Leather Recliner Chair
- Recliner chair that rocks, reclines and swivels 360 degree
- Ergonomic thick padding for back support with extra lumbar pillow
- 2 cup holders and side pockets
- Backrest adjustment
Best Office Chair For Back Pain
Serta Air Health and Wellness Executive Office Chair
- Air lumbar support that pivots and flexes with your body
- Extra think foam
- Thick molded foam armrests
- Reclines 122 degrees
- Adjust your height
Best Ergonomic Office Chair For Back Pain
Nouhaus Ergo3D Ergonomic Office Chair
- 3D adjustable armrest and lumbar system
- 135 degree back tilt
- Mesh headrest
- Breathable elastomesh which provides airflow to avoid sweating and sticking
- 5-Point base with dual castors which gives stability and strength
- 2 sets of wheels for hardwood floors
Best Ergonomic Chair For Back Pain
Dragonn by Vivo Ergonomic Kneeling Chair
- Angled at 90 degrees for ultimate comfort
- Keep your back at an upright position while keeping your spine aligned for better posture
- Height adjustable
- Three inch thick cushion for excellent support
Best Gaming Chair For Back Pain
Homall Ergonomic Gaming Chair
- Extends full length to provide back, shoulder, neck and head support.
- 360 degree swivel
- Reclines 90 to 180 degrees
- Can rock back and forth
- Thick steel frame
- High density foam
- Pu leather
What The Difference Between A Regular Office Chair and An Ergonomic Office Chair?
The difference between a regular office chair and an ergonomic office chair is that an ergonomic office chair has been designed to fit the body and support the spine, whereas a regular office chair is not. An ergonomic office chair can help to prevent back pain and sciatica by supporting your spine in the correct position.
If you are suffering from back pain or sciatica, it is important to find a chair that will support your back and help you stay comfortable. A sciatica chair or sciatic pain relief chair is one of the best ways to relieve sciatic pain symptoms naturally at home, without taking medication.
A sciatica chair has been designed to fit the body shape of an individual who suffers from sciatic nerve problems like Sciatica.
A sciatica chair or sciatic pain relief also allow you to stretch your back without putting too much pressure on it like some other chairs do. So, these are the best living room chair for sciatica and back pain sufferers that can help you relieve sciatic nerve problems naturally at home even with a little exercise!